Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Tao of Anthony Keidis

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Blood. Sugar. Sex. Magik.

Give It Away.....Remember?
What I've got you've got to give it to your mama.
What I've got you've got to give it to your papa.
What I've got you've got to give it to your daughter.
You do a little dance and you drink a little water...

Realize i don't want to be a miser.
Confide with sly, you'll be the wiser.
Young blood is the lovin' upriser.
How come everybody want to keep it like the Kaiser?

Give it away, give it away, give it away now....

But not for most of us. Someone once said 'our houses are just boxes for our stuff'. ..We get more stuff, so we need bigger houses to put our stuff in. Then our stuff starts to break or get old (or someone else gets newer, better stuff) and we have to buy MORE stuff...

Then I remember someone else saying something about 'if you see someone in need, give to him without expecting to be repaid'. In other words, travel light. The less 'stuff' I have, the less I have to worry about fixing, insuring, replacing, protecting, storing, and replacing it.

Yeah, I need some stuff: transportation, food, shelter, water and electricity, a few clothes. But what do I REALLY need? If I can learn to travel light, will the journey be better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home