My new blog address is tomcottar.org
A beginning without end. A starting point without a finish line. A destination? Yes. But the journey never ceases...at least, not yet.
With help from a friend, I'll soon be moving this blog over to tomcottar.org via WordPress 2.0. I'll be sure and post here when things are up and ready...
Last week was an amazing week with our high schoolers on the beach.
Can I be honest? I was thinking along those lines earlier while working on stuff for our middle school camp next month. He seldom does things the way I'd do them. He always knows it all. And there are times when I don't think he's even listening to me...but it turns out He actually was listening, He was just waiting for me to shut my trap and listen to him...
After an amazing week at Padre last week, I've been busy catching up on all the blog activity I've missed (see the blog links I dig on the right). Playing catch-up is exhausting and exhilirating. Nevertheless, three people sent me the following from Dan Kimball over the past three days.
- that reaches the broken world to bring a healing that can only come from Jesus Christ
- that is more about helping others than about us
- is honest and open-minded rather than self-righteous and dogmatic OR has donuts. I will be OK with either.
- who is loving and unafraid
- accepts people where they are in life and not just when they have achieved a level of "spiritualness"
- that knows me and loves me anyway
- that gets lost in worshiping Jesus and lingers in His presence
- that Jesus would be proud of