Thursday, September 29, 2005

Box Everything

Tonight we are packing all our worldly possessions. (BTW, we have WAY too much stuff). Tomorrow we begin the process of moving 1.5 miles to our new home. We might as well be moving to Afghanistan--we still have to pack everything.

But we still have too much stuff. I'm reminded of the great theologian Tyler Durden who said, "Advertisers have [our society] chasing cars, working jobs we hate, buying stuff we don't need."

I, on the other hand, LOVE my 'job'. But we still have more stuff than we really need. I have clothes I never wear, movies I never watch, CDs I never listen to, tools I keep 'just in case'. Some of our stuff has only one purpose: to sit around, look pretty, and collect dust.

How much of that do I really need?

While I really enjoy some of my stuff, it seems there's always more stuff I'd like to get my paws on. Truth is, none of it will last. It's polishing the brass on the Titanic--it's all going down. It will all burn, rust, decay, wear out, chip, break and lose its glimmer.

'Don't store up treasures on earth where moth and rust decay, or where theives break in and steal. But store up heavenly treasures...'

You, my friends, are my treasure. We are a spiritual family, bought with Blood. The other stuff is just....stuff.

Guess I'd better get back to packing...See you in a couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home