Monday, November 28, 2005

A Cloud of Dust

A Cloud of Dust

For those of you who read here from time to time, my apologies for being away so long. Crazy schedules, family travels, changes in ministry have all taken their toll.

But no worries. Although things have kept me from posting in the last few weeks (which seems like an eternity), This week begins a new time of letting the dust settle. In the coming days, I’ll be posting some thoughts and prayers that God has been birthing in me over the last two weeks. I’m not sure where they will lead, but no big deal.

Sometimes God moves in us in ways that words can’t often adequately express. I’ll try to verbalize some things this week that God has shown me, but I’m sure I’ll fall short of doing it right.

For now, here are 2 things that I hope encourage you today.

  1. God is in control. Has it ever occurred to you that nothing ever occurs to God? Nothing catches Him by surprise. He wasn’t having coffee this morning, reading the paper, and realized “Wow! I totally forgot about that Iraq thing! I better get to the office early this morning…!” Not a sparrow falls to the ground that He doesn’t know. He clothes the flowers of the field. He feeds the birds of the air. And YOU are more important to Him than they are. Spend today dancing like flowers and eating like birds. Cast your cares on Him, because He cares for you more than you understand.

  2. God’s grace is bigger than you can possibly imagine. I had a recent conversation with someone about this. At one point, she said, “I know what you’re trying to say, but it comes across like you believe you don’t have to ‘do’ anything…like God will love you anyway.” I responded, “Oh, good. Because that’s EXACTLY what I’m trying to get across!” She looked at me like I had horns. God’s grace NEVER depends on how well I perform, how loud I sing, how much I read my Bible, how often I witness, or how little I think I’ve sinned. Never. Ever. Period. Anything else is religious bondage. If you see that hanging around, put a bullet in its head before it gets any bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home