Sunday, May 14, 2006

Scum Of The Earth!


In 2002, I heard Spencer Burke talk about a buddy who started a church in his living room. He called it 'Scum of the Earth' Church, because he wanted to reach out to the outcasts, the vulnerable, and the social rejects of his area... I never found anything on it until now...

Evidently, Pastor Mike Sares, 52, the a former Denver English teacher and musician...and buddy Spence was talking about.

The article I found is here.
You can get a peek at what's going on at scumoftheearth.net .

For any conspiracy theorists out there who may think that the church is teaching pablum-laced, watered-down theology, feel free to download sermons and/or subscribe to the podcast. You'll find some great teaching, such as :
"Stuff Jesus Said"
"Being Drunk vs. Being Spirit Filled"
"The Problem With Suffering"
"Speaking in Tongues and Other Nonsense (and sense)"

...I think I'll forward that last one to our IMB Trustees.




powered by performancing firefox

2 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jimmie W. Kersh said...

I am one of those scum. Paul, had it right. Seems kinda strange, but I am beginning to think they may be right politically as well, but do not tell anyone I just said that.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the Dark Side...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home