Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Update...

On Monday, I had a wonderfully cordial dialogue with Gary Ledbetter, Communications Director at SBTC. Having known Gary since 2002 and having some similar musical interests (Gary is a former drummer who's gigged with some interesting people---viva the Lizard King!), it was good to catch up and fill in some blanks from both perspectives.

According to Ledbetter, “our basic concern was that apparent support of Faith Harbour for a ministry that we perceived would affirm sinful behavior rather than just the sinners.” That issue alone seems to be the rub for many as I listen to AP reporters, et al. It looks like people all over the country are watching and scrutinizing this event....sheesh. Nonetheless, my conversation with Ledbetter was extremely fruitful and cordial.

Of course, I'm not sure the conversation over at the Harbor's blog has been as productive. You can keep tabs on it here.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Scott Morizot said...

Of course, I'm not sure the conversation over at the Harbor's blog has been as productive.

You can say that again! Hopefully you feel the discussion on your blog has been at least a little more productive and Christian in tone and nature.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I *really* am proud of the tone and tenor of the discussion...especially on such a hot topic.

And, it's interesting,...I've gotten quite a few emails from long, lost friends who've evidently been keeping tabs on this thing...I'm proud that the discussion was worthy of Christ's name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home