Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mea Culpa

My last post was Christmas Day. Apologies to those of you who kept checking in here and finding nothing but the smell of stale air. But here’s a little explanation:

  1. My ministry associate is no longer working with me. He’s moved on to follow God’s will elsewhere. It’s made things doubly busy for me around the church.

  2. I’ve jumped into lead positions with not one, but TWO worship bands as of this month. What was I thinking? Crazy-busy, but wonderful to spend time worshiping with such talented, God-loving people. A great blessing.

  3. I’ve gotten back on my workout regime after the holiday hiatus. Running 3 miles almost every day and spending an hour lifting weights 3 days a week is great, but it also eats away daylight. (Or moonlight, as sometimes is the case.)

  4. My oldest, now 5, has started a winter soccer league. That knocks out Tuesday nights and a few more hours on Saturdays.

  5. Our ministry has brought in a new media guru. Another blessing! But, another time-related aspect in my schedule.

  6. I’ve gotten lazy. Especially since my home PC is back to a freakin’ dial-up connection. It takes forever to get anything uploaded and I just don’t have the patience. Besides, when I’m at home I try really hard to be AT HOME: playing with the boys, being with my wife, etc. Dial-up is a thorn in a lot of sides.

Having said all that, things are beginning to return to normal [whatever that is] and you can look for regular posts to return. Beginning now. There’s a lot happening in our world. Exciting things around the corner in our ministry. Turmoil in the IMB and the White House.

Pray for me. For our students. For our parents. For our worship teams.

And pray that SBC will offer DSL in my neighborhood before I go postal…

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Marty said...

Welcome back! You've been missed.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Scott Morizot said...

I knew you were swamped, so didn't worry. ;-) Glad to see you found the time to post again, though!

Personally, I've had a great experience with Cox Communications cable internet service. I jumped on it as soon as it became available back in 2000 and worked with them through the inevitable hiccups (though there were surprisingly few). Last time I checked, DSL still wasn't available at my house, so I'm not sure you'll see any change there any time soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home